Your license may also appear to have been used more than once if your IP address for your internet service changes. This may occur if your modem is reset or you change locations with your machine.
If you need to re-install take a backup first and copy that to somewhere safe on your hard-drive.
==>> See here for tutorial on how to create and restore backups.
When you restart your new installation, open CMPro in TRY MODE and then go to the admin section and restore your backup. This will import all your data and your license code so it will not need resetting again.
- If you do need to reset your license code please use this form here:
Once reset you will need to check your email address for a confirmation link.
If you have further issues with CMPro not recognising your email address you may also need to do a local reset.
In order to do that follow these steps:
- When you start CMPro hold down ctl + alt (mac users can use ctl+shift)
Make sure that you double click to start CMPro first THEN hold down ctl + alt as the window starts to open.
- DO NOT hold down ctl + alt and then click to start CMPro while they are pressed.
- Count to 2 or 3 before pressing ctl+alt.
- Keep it held down until it launches fully
- At this point you should get a reset message and a string of numbers letters to enter
- Enter these and follow the prompts to do a local reset as well
- CMPro will shutdown
- Restart CMPro
- Enter in your registration details